Eas6ter monday is a day after Easter Sunday.
This day is celebrated as holiday in some countries.
In some countries, Week starts from Sunday. So, this is the second day of Bright Week.
This day is known as in some countries “Bright Monday” & “Renewal Monday”.
2019 date of Easter Monday?
In Western Countries it is on April 22.
While In Eastern Countries it is on 29 April.
Easter Monday is the Official holiday in these countries.
- Albania (Julian and Gregorian)
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Armenia (since 301 AD)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- British Virgin Islands
- Bulgaria (Eastern Christian)
- Burkina Faso
- Cameroon (currently not anymore a holiday)
- Canada (day off for civil service and public schools)
- Cape Verde Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Cook Islands
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Cyprus (Eastern Christian)
- Czech Republic (Pomlazka)
- Egypt (Eastern Christian, as Sham El Nessim, Coptic Church)
- Equatorial Guinea
- Ethiopia (Eastern Christian)
- Faroe Islands
- Georgia (Eastern Christian)
- Greece (Eastern Christian)
- Hong Kong
- Isle of Man
- Macedonia (Eastern Christian)
- Moldova (Eastern Christian)
- Montenegro (Eastern Christian)
- Netherlands Antilles
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Romania (Eastern Christian)
- Russia (Eastern Christian)
- San Marino
- Serbia (Eastern Christian)
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Spain (Only in some Regions of Northern and Eastern Spain.)
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Pierre and Miquelon (France)
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Syria (Eastern Christian)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
In Australia, The Easter Monday is a Public Holiday. And Poeple enjoys the Outdoor Sports.
In the republic of Ireland, It is the day when their people Remember the peoples who dies in Easter Rising, Which began on Easter Monday 1916.
In Germany, peoples go out into the fields early in the morning and hold the Easter Egg Races.
In United Kingdom, this Easter Monday is the bank Holiday.
In Guyana, peoples fly Kites, Which are made on Holy Saturday.
In the Netherlands, peoples eat festival’s breakfast. and go for Hiking or cycling.
In Hong Kong, people often hold special events such as Easter Egg races and painting Easter Eggs.
This is also known as Religious Holiday in some countries.
but, in some countries it’s bank holiday or Public Holiday.